Friday 16 November 2012


Petition for National Bullying Prevention Strategy: Please Sign by November 21!

As we wrap up Bullying Awareness Week, PREVNet (Promoting Relationships and Eliminating Violence Network), Canada’s authority on research and resources for bullying prevention, commends the various initiatives that have been taking place across the country and internationally to prevent bullying.

In particular, we salute the recent motion of MP Dany Morin (Chicoutimi-LeFjord, NDP), who called for all political parties to develop a national strategy against bullying. PREVNet fully supports moving this bill forward, as we believe that a coordinated national strategy and a public health campaign on bullying prevention in Canada is still needed.

Next week, a motion introduced by Mr. Morin to create a National Bullying Prevention Strategy will be voted on in Parliament. “For the Kids” is a mobilization campaign to inform MPs in the House of Commons and to encourage them to vote in favour of the National Bullying Prevention Strategy.

Join us in a call for action. If you agree with this “For the Kids” initiative, you can sign a petition calling on the Government of Canada to create a special committee to develop a national bullying prevention strategy by adopting motion M-385. Or click here for more information on the campaign or on writing a letter to your MP.  

The vote for the National Bullying Prevention Strategy is scheduled for Wednesday, November 21. With only a short period of time before the vote, PREVNet urges you to contact your MP and sign the petition calling on the Government of Canada to play its role to end bullying. 

Why is a national strategy needed?
There are many reasons why a national strategy is still needed in Canada, and should be recognized as a public health issue. Our research has shown us that bullying occurs every seven minutes on the typical school playground. Unhealthy relationships and bullying are a risk factor for a wide range of health issues, including physical and mental health, as well as risk-taking behaviour, according to research from PREVNet and other federal experts. Being bullied is devastating in a child or youth’s life because it undermines his or her strong motivation to belong and be accepted among peers. During childhood and adolescence, peer relationships affect all aspects of development — intellectual, social, emotional, physical, behavioural and moral.

We believe there should be a unified approach to key messages and activities on bullying prevention that are taking place at a national level. PREVNet acknowledges that bullying is a pressing and growing issue for every Canadian today, whether it is the classroom, in the workplace, in day-to-day relationships, or online. Our research, training, tools and resources (online and print) have received international acclaim, and are helping to disseminate evidenced based information, effective practices, and knowledge to the public about the importance of positive, healthy relationships, communication and bullying prevention.

Our path is strong and with a coordinated, unified, federal strategy Canada can soon set a worldwide example for every child, youth, parent and Canadian today. PREVNet (www.prevnet.ca) will actively support this campaign as it moves forward.

5 comments:

  1. I am Doris,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks.i met this man on a blog his name is MERUJA OWO is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website site, and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (nativedoctor101@live.com) i believe that your story will change,or if you have any question you can contact me here as dorispinto1001@gmail.com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nativedoctor101@live.com MERUJA OWO... SCAM ARTIST,,,BEWARE,,, USER Doris( post on this forum) is a scam artist who advertises for this nigerian scam artist NATIVEDOCTOR101@LIVE.COM.... Meruja took me for 650$ canadian dollars. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST FROM NIGERIA. MERUJA OWO will ask you to send him money western union and than he will haggle you for more and more money and he is fake with no results. HE IS A SCAM BEWARE,, HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD AND WILL BE GOING TO JAIL. DO NOT USE THIS MAN BC HE WILL STEAL YOU MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nativedoctor101@live.com MERUJA OWO... SCAM ARTIST,,,BEWARE,,, USER Doris( post on this forum) is a scam artist who advertises for this nigerian scam artist NATIVEDOCTOR101@LIVE.COM.... Meruja took me for 650$ canadian dollars. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST FROM NIGERIA. MERUJA OWO will ask you to send him money western union and than he will haggle you for more and more money and he is fake with no results. HE IS A SCAM BEWARE,, HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD AND WILL BE GOING TO JAIL. DO NOT USE THIS MAN BC HE WILL STEAL YOU MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all my viewers My name is Samantha from USA! I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot.I am a man who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email Dr clement.and tell him I need the lottery numbers.I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell,so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners.I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr. clement truly you are the best,with these great Dr you can win millions of money through lottery.I am so very happy to meet these great man now,I will be forever be grateful to you dr. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers drakugbespellhome1@gmail.com or you can call him for your own help to win big money today via +254704881207.from Samantha post (USA)thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Terry Brown from New York (USA). I am 57 years of age I got married before 27 years. 11 years my wife die and I was alone. I am running a software company so in my office there was a Divorcee woman approx 35 years old, after my wife death she came closer to me and slowly we started an affair she is very pretty and beautiful and I really love her as I used to love my wife she also loves me as her husband we were living together at my home from last six months everything was going on very good I was very happy but before two months she started ignoring me and she left my home and whenever I call her she gives me an excuse and finally before 25 days she said to me that she can’t do it further she does not love me I was shocked what happened my heart was broken and literally I cried too much on that day I was mad nothing was right I tried to convinced her a lot but everything was useless, I can’t describe my situation but by chance I got the help of Dr.Ogudugu, on internet as I have told you I am owner on a software company so I didn’t believe at starting but I did not have any option so I talked to Dr.Ogudugu he gave me 48 Days time to complete my work and he said that she will come back herself.it happened as he claimed I am very grateful to Dr.Ogudugu we are now happy as ever before,Dr.Ogudugu make her know how much we are meet to be together. If you are there having any problems in your relationship...you have to hurry up and get it touch with Dr.Ogudugu is there to help you(GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM tel: +2348057266712) i am so happy to share these my testimony with you.

    ReplyDelete